My sister was over the other night and I was telling her my smoothie method. Which entails blending in large batches and freezing up to 3 days worth of smoothies to have for the next few days.
What was the one thing that was holding her back?
The thought that she didn’t have the ingredients to make the “right” kind of smoothie.
Don’t get me wrong, these smoothies are delicious and packed with many essential vitamins and nutrients.
But the ingredients that the recipes call for can often be a grocery list on its own.
Who says you need superfoods to make a green smoothie?
They make a great addition, but if you don’t have the time or budget then give this one a try!
- 1 Cup Almond Milk (or nut milk of preference–I often use homemade Cashew Milk)
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Spinach
- Optional Add-Ins: Almond Butter, Cucumber, Frozen Peaches, Frozen Blueberries…etc
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth and boom, you have a green smoothie.
Enjoy right away or pour into an air tight mason jar and freeze for the next day.
What makes this Simple Smoothie go from good to great is the fact that all of these ingredients you may already have on hand or they are easy to stock up on.
Smoothie Time Saver Tips:
- Buy the nut milks that are on the shelves, not in the refrigerated isles. This means they will have a longer shelf life and you can buy a few of them to have for the next coming weeks.
- Stock up on frozen spinach and a variety of frozen fruit. They’ll never go bad and you can have options for your smoothies. They also tend to be pretty inexpensive. It is preferable to buy organic. My favorites fruit to buy are mangoes, pineapple, blueberries and raspberries.
- Combine your favorite combinations into plastic baggies for easy grabbing on the go. All you’ll have to do is pour the contents into the blender with the nut milk and blend away.
- Don’t have time to clean the blender? No biggie! Just rinse it once with warm water then fill again and add a drop or two of soap. It will be ready (and easier) to clean thoroughly when you get home later. Or alternatively you can make it the night before, pour it in an air tight mason jar and place it in the fridge overnight.
With Love and Simple Green Smoothies,
Like what you’re reading?
Receive posts like this in your inbox for FREE!